PSHCE @ Ashwell Primary School
Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education is an important and necessary part of all pupils’ education. All schools should teach PSHE, drawing on good practice, and this expectation is outlined in the introduction to the proposed new national curriculum.
Following a consultation with our parents and children, we have updated our PSHCE Scheme of work to comply with the new statutory guidance.
Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education is an important part of PSHE education. Relationships education is compulsory for all primary school pupils. Please view our scheme of work to see the specific details of what content is covered in each Year group.
- On an annual basis we celebrate the following events:
- Feeling Good Week
- Anti-Bullying Week
- Diversity Week
We are currently in the process of updating, refining and further enhancing our curriculum design in order to give our children even better learning opportunities, experiences and curriculum enrichment in each subject area.
Coming Soon – New for Spring 2022
- Curriculum Intent, Implementation and Impact Overview (To help parents understand what we teach, when we teach it and why we teach it.)
- Full PSHCE Curriculum Overview (See what is taught when at a glance to enable parents to support learning at home)
- Ashwell School – PSHCE Skills Progression Document
- Ashwell School – PSHCE Curriculum Knowledge Organisers
To view the National Curriculum Programme of Study for KS1 and KS2 please see here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-social-health-and-economic-education-pshe/personal-social-health-and-economic-pshe-education